Friday, June 17, 2011

We have a 'birds nest' in our Apple Tree!

Look Seth ... here is a better picture!! (We discovered that if I stand under the nest and make a clicking sound ... kinda weird, but it works, the birds pop up and open their mouths waiting to be fed.) We went out this evening and Dennis was able to capture this great picture of our little birdies! So fun to see the cycle of life in our own back yard!

I took both of these pictures for our grandson Seth ... he is almost 5 ... and has been here to see the nest and the mother bird sitting on her eggs. Today I saw a little fuzzy head peeking up over the edge of the nest when the mother was out, and when I grabbed the camera I could actually see '2' heads! (They disappeared fast ... so this is what I caught on camera!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!! Great picture! Seth can't wait to come and see them in person!!

Wendy said...

Amazing that those little birdies are out in our tree. That's a pretty impressive nest they've made there.