I know, I haven't blogged for ages ... we have been CRAZY busy ... but 2 great things happened this week. (Dave and Amy added to our grandchild list ... and I will post those pictures next!) But, here are some RUGBY pictures!! Ryan is playing on BYU's Rugby team and Saturday was their first HOME game. It was a great experience to watch!! Ryan is #5!! Here they are greeting the opposing team - Weber State - after completely wiping them out!! (These pictures are in no particular order, sorry)
A little break in the action ... but during the game. One thing I learned (and there is a lot to learn, believe me!!!) ... they truly depend on each other. It is a TEAM EFFORT game.
Yes, behind the guy in the purple is RYAN ... being lifted up in the air to catch that ball (which he did, by the way). This was taken from the other end of the field ... I knew I had him in the lens!
Another action shop from the other end. He had just caught the ball ... "Look out ... here they come!!" (It is a very aggressive sport!!)
An action shop during the game. He is in there some place!!
I learned this is called a SCRUM (not sure how to spell it though). This was right in front of us. Ryan is on the right side in the middle -- I saw him go into it!! The guy in the purple is going to throw the ball into the center and then the war is on ... a test of strength for control of the ball. It was a fun day ... and the weather cooperated. (It was supposed to be cold and rainy) We support you Ryan ... but as your mom, I can't help but worry!!! (It's my nature!) Love you!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Our Boy plays RUGBY!!!
Posted by
Ruth Ann
at
9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ryan's awesome to be able to play this sport. I know he's loving every minute. Hopefully we'll get to come see the next game. Thanks for the pictures
It was so much fun to finally see Ryan play Rugby. It's definitely a physical sport but fun to watch! Can't wait for the next game!
wow! You did get some good action shots! Thanks for coming! I know it meant a lot to Ryan! And it was fun to see you guys!
Whoa- that game looks way intense! How fun to get to see him! If it wasn't for Brenna's b-day, we would have loved to have been there. Hopefully we can see the next one!
Hmmmm... crazy sport. I need a lesson on the rules. But fun pictures! Glad you were able to make it to the game.
As Eric calls it -- rugby is yard school ball on steroids! What fun it was to go to San Diego to see him play. Eric and the kids went down to see game #2 and then took Ry to Inn-n-out! He could eat all he wants and not gain a pound with this game.
Post a Comment