Saturday, January 19, 2008

More snow Pictures - January 2008

I couldn't resist the Thomas Train snow sculpture --- it is a keeper!!! (It has stayed cold enough that this one has lasted for over a week. Gotta love January!!)

This was taken a week ago -- Dennis wanted to show all the snow piled up around the house. It was a beautiful - sunny day, (chilly - but the snow was actually melting a bit off the driveway and walks). We are supposed to get more tomorrow!!

Today we went out to our property ... Dennis wanted to check things out. We didn't try to drive onto it - too much snow (our property is to the right of us). Someone had plowed a single path up our hill ... and so Dennis was able to turn around and then he walked in. I stayed in the warmer truck!! When he came back he decided to 'sled' down our hill. I followed him in the truck. He really had quite a ride - and picked up speed ... he went to the bottom of the next hill before he stopped. What a nut he is!!! He wanted me to do it too - but that would of meant going back up the hill and turning around again ... and I opted out. If only the quads were with us ... it would of been easier!! (maybe next time???)

On the way home he took me on the road he takes to come home from work - to see if there were any elk visible --- and LOOK!!! We counted 52 of them crossing a field. No wonder it takes him so long to get home from work these days!! My 'hunter husband' loves looking at them. I must admit - this was quite a sight!! (Click on this and make it larger ... so you can really see how beautiful they are)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

WOW! Lots of Elk!! That is impressive.
I love that picture of Dad sledding... we don't see that often. Normally he is the one pulling the sleds. Glad to know he gets to have fun too! :)

Wendy said...

That Thomas was SO cute, I didn't notice the tracks when I was driving by. It looks like you had fun out at the property. It's fun to see that their is still a little kid in all of us!!! Look like fun, Dad!

Jodi Leishman said...

I love the thomas. That's amazing.

Dad is a nut!!