OK, this is not a normal BLOG sort of thing ... but it has been ages since I used my creative-ness and this was my project today!! We have loved our patio ~ and the light that comes in ... so, deciding to cover the door has been a HUGE thing ... (what to do, is it necessary, what look do I want?). The decision to DO IT came as I realized the sun is fading our hardwood floors - so then came the WITH WHAT? (Life is full of many decisions!) We already had the wide blinds on the windows ... and putting blinds on a door is a pain (besides, wide ones would stick out too far) ... so, in my desperation, I found a piece of lace in the linen closet ... and this is what I came up with. I know the picture isn't the greatest ... the valances are tied up with dark green ribbons. It may still go through some 'tweaking', but for now I am pleased!! (And it didn't cost a dime!!)
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I think it looks awesome, Mom! Great job!!! And it will totally help save your floor!!!
You're so crafty! It's looks fabulous! Good job! Some day you need to teach me how to sew. ;)
Good job Molly!!!! I actually pulled my sewing machine out yesterday to fix a beach coverup!
Wow Crafty lady- it looks great!
Very nice! I really like the look. It's good to dig out our creative genes every now and then. Yes?
Look at you Martha Stewart! It looks wonderful and no $$$ out of pocket- GO YOU!
Don't you just love those no cost projects that turn out great!!! ENJOY it looks FAB!
Post a Comment