These are CHOKE CHERRIES!!
- a tart berry that grows wild in a few places here in Utah (and elsewhere) - they make delicious syrup. We used to make it when the children were very young ... and we lived in Idaho. Dennis (old eagle eye) spotted them last week-end and so we have spent 2 days hunting and picking berries. Luckily we found some right along the road (on a quad ride).Here he is --- picking away!!
And this is the finished product ... from our first picking. (There is about twice that much in the fridge waiting for me to get to this week) One thing about fruit ... you take it when you get it!! This is a fun 'memory' for our older children. NOTE: We ended up with 28 quarts ~ it always is so rewarding to see the finished product!! (Thanks Dennis for helping!!)




4 comments:
I'm glad dad has such a good eye. I loved the walk down memory lane with choke cherry syrup tonight. YUM!
I don't recall this memory... but it looks like fun! ;)
I'm SO glad you found them and picked them! Choke Cherry syrup is SO YUMMY!!!!
I remember this memory -- I must have been visiting Utah/Idaho during picking season. Too fun!
Post a Comment