Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting the House ready for Christmas!!

Here are some random pictures of the house all decked out for the holidays. As you enter the front door, this is what you see. We bought this tree/basket years ago in California and it has been a big part of decorating ever since. (It is Dennis' favorite!)

Of course it wouldn't be Christmas without Mickey ... and then, of course, we still have our Disney tree (which isn't pictured in this post .. maybe next time!!)

Santa has a prominent spot in the family room - displayed as he has for 38 Christmases now!! He even got some 'touch-up' painting this year as his coat was fading a bit and turning orange ... it was fun to give him a new look. (Another Grandma Babe memory!)

This nativity was made years ago, but now has a wonderful place under the TV that is mounted above it on the wall. It is fun to bring the nativity and Santa into the same room ... all apart of the special day.

Our tree - in the living room. It is covered with ornaments, as usual, but that seems to add to its uniqueness and beauty. I continue to receive compliments on it ... which is fun. It is not your typical 'formal looking' tree, but we love it!!

I decided to put snowmen on the sidebar this year ... Talmage was over the other night and wanted to know where the village was!!! He is very observant!! I promised him I would put it up again next year, and said I would come and see his which he helped his mom arrange.

This is the table centerpiece I created this afternoon. I saw one at a friends and borrowed hers for ideas ... with the help of my box of 'odds and ends ~ picks and things, got it done. The sleigh had been with Dennis' tree, but didn't show up very well, so this is better use of it, and I needed something for the table! It is fun to create from what I have on hand.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your house is always decorated so nice. I love seeing the new and old Christmas decorations! (now we need a new look for your blog... hopefully soon ;)

Donna Schauers said...

So many cute decorations -- I love the snowman on the buffet. We decorated yesterday, but I am DI'ing a bunch this year as they just aren't cute anymore. I"ll have to post a few pictures. My tree is a 5 hour project!!

Gallaugher Spot said...

Looks amazing and a ton of work. How fun to have so many cute decorations. I am trying to be like Donna and DI'ing a lot this year and only keeping what we really want.

Wendy said...

The house looks awesome, Mom! You and Dad it an excellent job this year!!! I love having Santa in the family room for us to look at all the time. And his new coating looks great! Oh and the center piece looks good but better in person!!!

M said...

everything looks so great hopefully we will finish soon, it is tiresome and BIG task!

Jodi Leishman said...

I love coming to your house for Christmas. Your decorations are so cute and definitely make the house VERY cozy! Thanks for your help with my tree a couple of years ago. I still get tons of compliments on it.