Friday, November 14, 2008

Thinking of Grandma Babe ...

This is my latest Christmas decoration ... and I made it in honor of Grandma Babe. (It is made out of mostly things I already had, which was just what she would of done, ... AND the top layer is poinsettia garland, something she loved to use at Christmas) I saw something like this last year and have been thinking about it ever since. The garland is what I used to use on our stair case in Wildomar ... and is not needed here. The larger circles are two different sizes of hula-hoops that I got on clearance at the end of the summer.
Meet our new FROSTY!

We had such nice weather for the past 2-3 weeks, everyone was out getting their decorations up early (believe me, it isn't much fun to do in a freezing snow storm ~ which we have been known to do!!) Yeah for good weather and getting things done.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Janna said...

Look at you crafty lady! That is adorable- good job!
(I think that can be added to the crafty cousins blog!)

Wendy said...

Frosty is SO cute! You did an amazing job! Fun to hear more about Grandma Babe and her creativity.

Amy said...

Frosty is darling! A wonderful addition to your yard. We are going to bring out Christmas this week too... it is time!

Donna Schauers said...

I love the outside of your house -- it's too cute! (and very original!)

Gallaugher Spot said...

You have been busy...I love Frosty. Welcome to the family!
Della