Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring is trying to come!!


Here is proof that spring is really trying to come to Utah. I have lots of things blooming - and the tulips are coming up as well - they just don't bloom until a little later. (The daffodils can handle the cold and snow a lot better than the tulips) See my new turtle? He weighs at least 50# 's or so Dennis tells me! We bought him in St. George and then hauled him to So. Calif and back.

This is where the snow belongs now -- on the mountains and not in the valley. We are all officially through with winter for now. Hopefully Mother Nature will agree with us. 40 degrees isn't very warm - but we are supposed to hit 70 by Monday - so we are excited. Yeah Spring!! Lawns are turning green and the trees are budding.

After General Conference we had our first official Bar B Que - and we all LOVED it!! Here are David, Jodi and Dennis fixing their plates. I even made a potato salad - which we all enjoyed. Dennis didn't have BYU meetings today so that was another 'plus' for Conference, besides getting to hear the great messages and watch in our jammies if we wanted!

Jodi brought out a game that '4' of the kids could play at once. They had a ball trying to beat each other. It was pretty amusing. It is a kids-game and there are monkey's that laugh and hit each other when they lose. It was pretty fun!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wendy said...

YEAH for Spring! Look at all the fun things that spring brings to us. I don't mind spring snow because it melts fast!

Amy said...

Can't wait for the 70 degree weather... where is it? ;) I love your new turtle - so cute!!

Cathi said...

I don't know what I would do in the snow and cold although I'm always hot so it might be nice. You know it always looks nice it photos.
What game were the kids playing? What game system? We recently bought a wii and we really enjoy playing with the babies. I'm still trying to find the perfect game for 4 year old Cody though.