Here is a picture of the work in progress. Dennis has been trying to get these trees trimmed for weeks - but the weather has not co-operated. Today was the day!! We have been having lots of discussions about how much would come down -- and I lost!! He took quite a bit! I do hate dealing with the cherries that are too high to pick -- and the leaves are another issue ... so I know he is right. (I just keep remembering the saying 'Only God Can Make a Tree' - but man can cut them down!!) Now we have to wait and see if they survived the drastic pruning this late in the year ... and how they look. Only time will tell.
This is just a portion of the limbs he cut off. I had been hauling them out front and loading them into the trailer - and he just kept trimming. I kept saying to myself ... this means there will be less leaves ... less leaves!! (Also less shade, and that will be sad for awhile!) Luckily our back yard neighbor has very tall trees as well.
I know it is hard to tell from the picture ... but we have MOST of it picked up - and hauled away. Now we get to clean up the small branches and stack the rest of the wood to burn in a couple of years as firewood. I save 3 huge buckets of branches that were budding. If they bloom pretty I will post my cherry blossoms in a few weeks.
First lawn mowing of the season!!! Doesn't it look nice? I almost hate to see it start ... because it is an every week chore from now until October or November ... but it is part of living where the seasons are so defined. Many of our neighbors are out today working in their yards. It is a beautiful day for yard work!!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Yes, fewer leaves... that is always good in the fall! Wow Dad, your grass is so green already! Impressive!!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that we still get the beautiful cherry blossoms from the tree.
Post a Comment