This is Friday morning -- with us loaded up and ready to go. Yes - we took the quads ... hoping to find some time to ride ... but ... NO, it didn't happen!! The weather and the shed kept us very busy. There will be more week-ends this summer, I am sure.
On the way out to the property - just after we turned off of Hwy 6 - onto Hwy 89 - heading south. It was so pretty and green. As we looked ahead we saw dark clouds on the horizon ... would it mean storm???
YES!!!! Soon after we were unloaded - it got darker and darker and then ... THUNDER ... and HAIL!!! Actually it hailed a total of '3' different times during the day!! All we could do was stand under the awning or go into the trailer and wait it out. As you can see from the picture below Dennis was busy working leveling the 4x4's for the flooring -- and the weather was not co-operating.
(Note: The bar-b-que is always on its side when not in use ... not a fault of the storm) I didn't get pictures of the flooring when it was down ... I was too busy holding a huge tarp over Dennis and I while he nailed it in place ... trying to keep him from getting soaked!! The weather let up in the afternoon and we actually got more done than I thought!! It was much COLDER weather than we expected though -- not typical of Memorial week-end!! We piled on the blankets at night to keep warm.





1 comment:
So, I know that rain wasn't exactly what you wanted this weekend but at the same time it was kind of fun. :)
Post a Comment