Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gas Prices!!

I decided I need to blog this ... for the record. This was gas this morning at Sam's in Provo ~ $1.76/ gal.
We bought my Santa Fe in April of 2004 - when gas prices in California were $2.16/gal.
We moved to Utah in June (2 months later) and prices were $2.40 in California and they were $1.84 if Utah. We were pleased!!
(Utah usually has lower gas prices than a lot of the nation ... but during this past year that was not the case. We are glad they finally got with it and came down like everyone else.)

Here are some statistics I want to record for the future:
Utah gasoline prices:

June 2004 - $1.82
Jan. 2008 - $2.92
Apr. 2008 - $3.35
June 2008 - $3.95
(We pd $4.24 in Salina ~on our quad trip ~ and $4.50 at Panguitch Lake for gas for the quads)
July 2008 - $4.19
Oct. 2008 - $2.83
Nov. 2008 - $1.76
WOW ~ what a difference!!! (What a blessing to have the prices down lower than what they were 4 1/2 years ago!!)
Will it last??? We hope so ... but for now, we will actually ENJOY getting gas!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

I love it... I got $1.73 in SLC last night I was so excited!

Wendy said...

I am loving the lower gas prices, it's AMAZING!!! Last night at Costco in American Fork it was $1.68. Too bad I have no idea what happened to my Costco card.

Amy said...

It makes me want to stock up on gas and store it some where! I love it!! At least something is going better in our economy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this...I've been thinking of doing this also. When it gets as low as it is, it's definitely something to record!
not to mention, how high it got :(

Donna Schauers said...

So grateful to see us FINALLY down under $2 -- whodda thought? Kinda makes me mad when I think about how we were ripped off at $4.50 this summer! Guess I'd better go back to being grateful!