Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lots of Harrison's at the property!!

David and Michelle and kids came out Friday night (July 25th) and spent the night. David and Dallin slept in a tent to complete one of Dallin's requirements for Arrow of Light. Michelle and the other kids slept in the newly finished 'bunk house'. Here's Carter and Dallin with David ... and Peyton and Sydney with Dennis, on the quads. (Bailey had a turn next trip)

Dallin also needed to plan and conduct a campfire, which he did and we all enjoyed. Michelle helped him make "Brown Bear" ~ a yummy dessert also made in the dutch oven. The kids enjoyed roasting marshmallows after the fire died down. It was a perfect night for being outside!!

See the Fence That Dennis Built!!!! (Along with help from several others ... but MOST of the work fell on ~ Dennis!!) (A special thanks to Ron Rosevear, Allan Hamada, and David for getting the North fence done in one day!!) Our property is to the left ~ with all the trees and the hill!!

This is the part of the fence he finished on Friday ... mostly by himself!! Our little 2 1/2 acres is now totally fenced (ours is to the right) ... and we are so grateful it is DONE!!! It was 100+ for most of the day ... and it took a lot out of him ... but after about 3 gals. of liquids ... he rested, and he was grateful to be finished.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a FUN day! I heard that Dallin's campfire was great!!
And Dad's fence looks amazing! Good job Dad!!! (although I think you're putting too much blood, sweat and tears into that property this year... time to rest and enjoy!)
Can't wait to come and stay in the bunk house!!

Wendy said...

Fun to have some visitors out at your little peace of heaven! The fence looks GREAT! Good job Dad and all those who helped.

Donna Schauers said...

Everyone is wearing helmets -- wow! What a safe family!!! Looks like fun!

Jodi Leishman said...

The fence looks good. What a lot of work. Glad dad survived!

M said...

We had a good time, thanks for helping us out and letting Dalling David stay in their tent and everyone should get a chance to try out the bunkhouse, what a fun experience! Camping... but,not really cause you don't have to go outside to use to potty thats what I hate :) Looking for a flashlight and I always wake kids up, cuz I dont want them waking me up again later to go out again!Oh the joys of camping, the bunk house rocks! THANKS for building it mom and dad this Harrison mom appreciates it! Dinner rocked, Dallin's campfiore rocked, the Quads always rock and it was fun to visit with Karren we have not seen Karren in I don't know how long, we had a SUPER, SUPER time.... so again THANK YOU! I feellike I can smell that dinner cooking, it was mioghty tasty :)