Sunday, July 6, 2008

Trip to Prescott, AZ ~ June 28 - 29, 2008

Diane and I left SLC on a 7 a.m. flight for Phoenix to visit our brother Don and his wife Carol, who live in Prescott, AZ ~ about 2 hours north and west of Phoenix. We rented a car (which ended up being a RED Ford Mustang) and headed north.

Don has recently been diagnosed with ALS (aka Lou Gehrig's disease) and he is now in a (very fancy) motorized wheel chair. He and Carol moved to Prescott from Lancaster, CA shortly after we moved to Springville. They live in a lovely home on a spacious corner lot. Here is a picture of Don in his fancy machine.

After getting acquainted again and having the tour of the 'hacienda' we journeyed out in their 'wheel chair ready' van to see a little of the area and to have In n Out hamburgers for lunch. (Diane and I were thrilled -- we have to go to So. Calif. to get them!!)

Here is the front of their new home. It is lovely - and amazingly wheel chair accessible, which is great for their situation. (Notice the red mustang?)

Here is the view from the back. Their property goes a ways up a gully and so they are on a good sized lot.
Carol fed us 'fantastically' while we were there ~ for which we are so appreciative. (We copied many of her recipes - we enjoyed them so much.) this was breakfast Sunday morning.

Photo moments ... Carol and Don.
Ruthie, Diane and Don (the 3 oldest in the family, I might add)
Don with Travis and Kristi's darling little girls: Tabitha and Kylie.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a great visit in Arizona!! Love the mustang!!!

Wendy said...

Fun car to drive!!! They have a really nice house from the pictures! Visiting family is always fun!

Cathi said...

Doesn't every grandma drive a hot rod?!?
I'm sorry to hear about your brother. He does look well and happy and that will truly help. My goodness, he looks just like your dad.

Jodi Leishman said...

How nice you were able to go visit with Don and Carol. I love seeing their area as I've never been there.
Pretty fancy car you were driving!